[Linux-aus] Young Aussies say pirated software is OK

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 8 14:42:37 EST 2009

From: Harry WWC <harry at woodward-clarke.com>

Sent: Sunday, 8 February, 2009 12:37:31 PM

>hang on a sec...

>(disclaimer - I am a TAFE Teacher in IT)

>> the problem is that the education places (TAFE, uni, etc) train you in MS software
>> and jobs NEED you to use and know MS windows and related software (MS office, photoshop, etc)
>> until this cycle is broken at group of us well pirate software

<snip>
>I wish it were different, and it is slowly changing here and there.
>Things like the eeePC and other NetBooks are helping, but it will be a
>while yet.

>{sigh}

I just got myself a eeepc and you have to ask the staff if they have the linux version in stock
because on display is the windows version even though they advertise the linux version :(

there any no linux course worth looking at unless you want to be come a server/network admin

 tom_a_sparks

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more