[Linux-aus] Young Aussies say pirated software is OK

Andy White andy at lgsolutions.com.au
Sun Feb 8 16:58:39 EST 2009

Are businesses using those tools on a statistically significant basis?
Which businesses were sampled?
I'm half convinced that there's some sort of selection bias in these
sorts of discussions. I don't doubt that proprietary tools are more
prevalent in a great many sectors, but I've anecdotally worked at a
number of places who didn't care what tools you used for a given job
as long as the file formats are interchangeable.

That said, I know CIT (ACT's TAFE equivalent) do a fair bit of Linux
training, so it's not like F/OSS is totally unrepresented in the
education sector (at least locally).

Andy White
e: andy at lgsolutions.com.au
m: +61 411246100