[Linux-aus] Drupal story on Computerworld

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Wed Aug 26 21:33:53 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 17:42 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> With this discussion of Drupal, as Ekiga is apparently in the process
> of switching to Drupal, does anyone have any idea as to how the switch
> may affect Ekiga?

Bret, you also wrote the following on the ekiga-list mailing list on the
23rd of August. There were actually three replies to your post, but you
must have missed them.

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:16:58 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> What is drupal?
>
> Is it software that will replace ekiga?
>
> Does it mean that ekiga is to come to an end?

Drupal is simply a content management system (CMS), that is, a web
application (or basically a bunch of PHP scripts) that they can install
on their site to allow them to better manage their website.

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/cnpepe (You'll see that Drupal is search result
#4.)

Drupal is what will run the Ekiga.net website. It is completely
unrelated to the Ekiga software itself.

What you said is akin to saying "Dairy Farmers is upgrading their
website. I wonder if the milk will taste any different!"