[Linux-aus] Drupal story on Computerworld

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Aug 25 19:42:59 EST 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:55:27 +1000
> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub at bethesignal.org>
> To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au, Linux Australia <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Drupal story on Computerworld
>
> <quote who="Anestis Kozakis">

> 2009/8/25 Dahna McConnachie <dahna.mcconnachie at gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> > Thought you might be interested in this article I wrote on Drupal for
> > Computerworld:
> > http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/316068/drupal_gains_ground_down_under
> > Cheers,
> > Dahna
>
> The only main issue I have with this article is the following paragraph:
> ----------
> “I eliminated Joomla at the time because it did not have the same
> clean structure as Drupal. There were a few key features that Drupal
> also did a lot better out of the box. The best one being the URL alias
> [which enables you to] have a clean URL eternally pointed to a page,”
> he said.
> ----------
>
> I have Joomla! running on my own personal website and it took me less
> than 5 minutes to setup Clean (or short) URL's that will always take
> you to that same page.

Note: "at the time". Both systems have improved in different ways since then
(including better support for "pretty" URLs in Joomla).

- Jeff

With this discussion of Drupal, as Ekiga is apparently in the process
of switching to Drupal, does anyone have any idea as to how the switch
may affect Ekiga?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale