[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Council meeting minutes 15/05/2008

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed May 21 00:25:15 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 16:59 +1000, ajdlinux at gmail.com wrote:
> On 5/19/08, Stewart Smith <stewart at linux.org.au> wrote:
> > We'll be happy to answer specific queries but we just minute what we
> > need to, which is mostly the final decisions; any specific points that
> > need to be made (such as a dissenting view) we'll also make sure they're
> > minuted.
>
> Well, I'd like to know what the Australian Teacher advertising details
> were. 'Package [1-4]' doesn't exactly explain, and a quick search of
> my mail archives doesn't reveal anything.

Yep, it doesn't. Such information is commercial in-confidence between
the LA board and Australian Teacher magazine. Disclosing such
information in a public forum could be damaging to their ability to do
business with people in the future. This is just the way it works to do
business and get the best deals.

We (the council) in conjunction with those proposing that we spend money
this way, decided that the option we chose was the best bang for buck,
providing the best placed ads t oget the most visibility to raise
awareness of free and open source software and related events.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
President, Linux Australia (http://www.linux.org.au/)