[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Council meeting minutes 15/05/2008

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Wed May 21 01:26:47 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 10:25 +1000, Stewart Smith wrote:
> Yep, it doesn't. Such information is commercial in-confidence between
> the LA board and Australian Teacher magazine. Disclosing such
> information in a public forum could be damaging to their ability to do
> business with people in the future. This is just the way it works to do
> business and get the best deals.
>
> We (the council) in conjunction with those proposing that we spend money
> this way, decided that the option we chose was the best bang for buck,
> providing the best placed ads t oget the most visibility to raise
> awareness of free and open source software and related events.

As a former Council/Ctte member I'm going to back Stewart up here.
Sometimes the Council is going to have to deal with outside
organisations that require certain information be kept confidential.
This is not my preferred way of doing business, however it is the
reality that we must deal with.

For those who are curious about the advertising packages, the Australian
Teachers Magazine does have some information regarding basic costs at
the following address (which is publicly available):

http://ozteacher.com.au/public_html/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=52

--
James Purser <james at jamespurser.com.au>