[Linux-aus] For those who wanted to be at LCA, but can't

Julien Goodwin linux-aus at studio442.com.au
Wed Jan 30 02:54:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:40:21AM +1100, Steve Walsh arranged a set of bits into the following:
> The Mel8 Technical team, along with the Real Time Communications Section
> of AARNET, The bandwidth sponsor for Linux.Conf.Au 2008, have organized
> a special treat for you.
>
> If you really want to be at the Keynote tomorrow, but are stuck at work
> earning a crust, at home watching the kids, or in a cafe enjoying a
> coffee, you can tune your VLC compatible player into
> http://ogg.aarnet.edu.au:8000/lca.ogg and watch the action live from ~9am.
>
> That’s right, even though we’ve sold out, as a special treat to everyone
> who wanted to make it and couldn’t, we’ve organized to have the
> Wednesday Morning keynote available via a VLC compatible stream, so fire
> up your package management tool of choice and get that player ready!
>
> Enjoy!

For those who missed the stream Bruce's keynote has already been encoded
and uploaded to the LA mirror.

Links to the Theora (Video) and Speex (Audio) are on the conference
program page.

http://linux.conf.au/programme/wednesday

More video will be available as it arrives here at AV central.

Julien