[Linux-aus] Article about Make The Move

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Mon Jan 14 11:13:54 UTC 2008

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
[snip]

> The article reflects what I've been thinking for some time: we need too be
> more user-centric.
>
> I've got a guide written at http://www.linux.org.au/linux . It's only
> half-done, and I long ago realised that it needs some serious restructuring
> to improve readability and relevance to the reader. Unfortunately it's on
> my 'when I get the time' list, but comments and suggestions are welcome. I've
> already got a ream of notes that I need to incorporate into it.

Hey Sridhar,

Thanks for your commens. I find myself in agreement with you and the
blog. The MTM site was meant to be informative, where interested people
could learn (in simple English) what all this Linux stuff was about.

But as the article says, most people don't care about that, they just
want to know how to use their computer better.

So I'm thinking I can change the way the site reads. We could still
include informative information, but maybe for those who really want to
know. I'm working on it... well, I'm supposed to be working on it.

As for the layout, yeah the site needs a lot of work. Unfortunately I'm
neither an expert programmer nor a graphic designer, but I try. The
offer is open to anyone to help out  ;)

-c