[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Council Minutes Meetings: 2008/08/14

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Fri Aug 15 08:30:09 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 21:36 +1000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> == Council meeting ==
>   AP2008081402: James Turnbull will write up the ammendment necessary to
> rename sub-committees to committees for putting at the next AGM.

Why would a trivial thing like this have to wait until the next AGM?
It's 60 seconds at the next Council meeting, and it's all done. It
certainly shouldn't take a year from the time it was agreed to at one
AGM before it's enacted at the next. I even sent an email to the Council
in Feb saying it needed to be done and including wording ready to go so
it doesn't even have to be drafted, just vote and it's all over with.

For reference, the email I sent to the Council (which also covers the
much more significant topic of a process for reviewing the committees)
is below.

Cheers    :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer