[Linux-aus] live chat for linux

Mick Pollard lists at lunix.com.au
Sat Sep 8 03:06:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 05:43:20 -0700
"Anand Vaddarapu" <vaddarapu at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of linux-aus digest..."

Please read this statement for future posts.
I get a lot of mail and if I just see "linux-aus Digest, Vo.."
I usually tend to not read them.

> Hi,
>
> i heard from one of my friend that linux-Australia( or may be other linux
> groups) users use some live chat software to meet daily to discuss on
> different issues, if any one knows pl let me know i would like to
> participate.
>
> Thanks
>
> vivek
It's called irc and the irc network is irc.freenode.net channel #linux-aus
You will also find many local linux user groups on there in their own channel.
I am a member of South Coast LUG and we chat on #sclug.
You will need an irc client. There is quite a few, BitchX, irssi, pork...etc.. for non-gui clients and xchat, kvirc etc etc for gui clients.
It's not so much a "daily meeting" but more just a free for all chat for like minded people.

Cheers
--
Mick Pollard
<lists at lunix.com.au>

--------
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck
Is the day they make a vacuum cleaner !