[Linux-aus] LCA 2008 - Open Hardware Miniconf?

Dylan Lacey quadlex at gmail.com
Fri May 25 05:34:28 UTC 2007

 Sorry, Tim, I didn't see your existing post.

I am interested in some sort of Open Hardware miniconf, but am yet to really
investigate further then reading the Make blog and looking at various 3D
printers (Like the one using melted sugar, which I found REALLY
interesting).

Personally I don't see that Open Hardware is akin to Embedded Linux except
that one can be used with t'other.  Maybe, if there remained little interest
towards the day, you could run a floating session at some time, whenever
there's a free slot?  Maybe we should have an 'installfest', except building
something like the Make MP3 player instead of doing the package dance.

Just some random ideas,

Cheers, Dylan.

I was wondering if nobody was interested, should I plan to just