[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com
Mon May 21 21:40:51 UTC 2007

http://www.lobby4linux.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=1

After Stephan Gregaire crashed out of the Indy in practice, he cracked a thoracic vertibrae
Roberto Moreno took over as the driver and posted 220.266 mph qualifying run, putting him on
the inside of row 11.

quote::
Several things clarified themselves over the weekend.

 1.  Linux does indeed have a car in the Indy 500

2.  Neither one of the project leads or members of Acceleration
Marketing are in jail, on the lam or basking in the sun in the Bahamas

3.  This is a story that invoked nail-biting in some of the calmest of
us.

 And what a story it has been so far.  We've had screaming allegations
of fraud, screaming tires and people as our car slammed into a wall at
two hundred miles per hour.  (alleged) screams in the small hours of the
morning as Chastain crew members battled the clock to put a car back
together.  Even screams of joy as Robert Moreno amazingly squeezed an
additional 4 miles per hour out of a car that had been a doorstop less
than 72 hours before.

 If this effort has been anything, it's been loud.  But then again, it's
the Indy 500.  It gets loud.

 Now that we have established these things, it is safe to say that Linux
will indeed have a presence in the Indy 500.  With the permission of
Acceleration Marketing and the blessing of Chastain Motorsports, we have
been authorized to keep the donation portion of Tux500 up thru the 22nd
of May.  That's not long, but we are getting messages that many may want
to donate now that they know things are more certain.

If so, we have a few more hours to gain more real estate on the surface
of the Linux 77 car.  Tux500.com has not only the details, we have a
complete media section and photo gallery where you can see the efforts
of this Team in beautiful Technicolor.

This coming week holds many promises for us.  Now that the field is set,
now that we know we have a car in the race and Tux is leading the way on
the nose cone, people are going to start paying attention in earnest.
Let's be on our best behavior while we have company in the house.  We
can go back to slashing each other up when they leave....or we can pull
together and see where we go from here.  We have some ideas we would
like to discuss with you.

Thanks for your support.  This has been and promises to remain a good
thing for FOSS and Linux.
::quote

Also

http://tux500.com/geeklog/article.php?story=20070520181607849