[Linux-aus] The Great Debate 28 May 2007 - Linux vs Windows

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu May 10 06:23:44 UTC 2007

Hi all,

<quote who="James Purser">

> This is a serious question. I haven't seen a real move by the ACS to get
> their head around Open Source as an organisation. Rather they seem to be
> ignoring that space because either a) They just don't understand it or
> b) They don't want to understand it.

To be fair, I pulled a team together a few years ago and made an Open Source
policy for them which they launched (and then kind of retracted). They had
heavily edited our work, but it wasn't bad. Find it here:

http://pipka.org/blog/2004/06/13/1087165642/

> What sort of measures would you suggest?

We just need to stay in their ear. We should work hard to work with them to
get our messages to their memberbase, which is huge. There are a few ACS
people on this mailing list :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

        "There is no darkness but ignorance." - William Shakespeare