[Linux-aus] Converting Linux Australia's "Committee" to a "Board"

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Mar 9 19:03:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 11:02 +1030, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> if the job is so ENORMOUS, change the job parameters!
>
> Here's a typical description of the role of a treasurer
>
> http://dawn.thot.net/board_treasurer.html
>
> How different to this is the role of linuxaus' treasurer?

LA treasurer currently incorps a lot of bookkeeper and auditor (although
the latter has had external work).

Getting someone to step up for bookkeeper is tricky. I've suggested
(multiple) times that we try and pay for someone to do this very
important job (esp for LCA) as this *ALWAYS* becomes an issue.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Linux Australia