[Linux-aus] Server to donate to another LUG - DarLUG is no more.

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Jun 28 12:21:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,

<quote who="Paul Shirren">

> I thought several times, it would be less hassle just to invite people
> over for drinks and a bbq. And that would have been fine for the
> regulars I trusted. But with a lug, you want to attract new people, and
> that demands a public space and some sort of format and that is more hassle.

This is why I think Software Freedom Day is such a great opportunity for
LUGs to garner pulic support and new members at least once a year. It
provides a point of focus for LUG members to work towards and a way to
attract new members by going out into the public eye, and involving schools,
unis and the like.

    http://softwarefreedomday.org/

Not that I'm biased ;)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

     "Man is born free, yet he is everywhere in chains." - Jean Jacques
                                  Rosseau