[Linux-aus] new LUG in Albury...

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Tue Jun 12 03:23:11 UTC 2007

Paul Wayper wrote:
> Jonathan Oxer wrote:
>> Sounds like an excellent plan! Helping new LUGs get off the ground is
>> exactly the sort of thing LA should be supporting, so make sure you keep
>> us all in the loop and if there are specific things that you need please
>> ask.

I still need to make contact to get it onto the lug listing on the LA
site, and we still need to inquire about insurance.

> Absolutely.  In particular, if the CLUG, as possibly the nearest LUG to
> you, can be of any use, let us know.  I'm personally happy to come down
> and visit on an irregular basis if you need speakers.

I think the whole LUG exchange idea is great. Gets different POVs into
the mix and encourages idea sharing.

> What I'd like to hear from other groups is what kinds of software you
> use to 'run' the LUG.  We have LUG-in-a-box by Andrew Pollock
> (http://clug.andrew.net.au), a bit of PHPBB (http://clug.anu.edu.au) and
> an old, terribly out-of-date static website (http://www.clug.org.au).
> Do not use us as an example!  I'm working to change this; but it'd be
> really nice to have some customised software or setup that LUGs could use.

http://murlug.org is done with Drupal and partially integrated phpBB (if
you login via drupal, it logs you into the board). I set that up last
week, so there's not a whole deal of content there at the moment. It
replaced a static site similar to the current clug.org.au one.