[Linux-aus] new LUG in Albury...

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 12 02:53:45 UTC 2007

Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> Sounds like an excellent plan! Helping new LUGs get off the ground is
> exactly the sort of thing LA should be supporting, so make sure you keep
> us all in the loop and if there are specific things that you need please
> ask.

Absolutely.  In particular, if the CLUG, as possibly the nearest LUG to
you, can be of any use, let us know.  I'm personally happy to come down
and visit on an irregular basis if you need speakers.

What I'd like to hear from other groups is what kinds of software you
use to 'run' the LUG.  We have LUG-in-a-box by Andrew Pollock
(http://clug.andrew.net.au), a bit of PHPBB (http://clug.anu.edu.au) and
an old, terribly out-of-date static website (http://www.clug.org.au).
Do not use us as an example!  I'm working to change this; but it'd be
really nice to have some customised software or setup that LUGs could use.

And maybe there's scope to have a 'clug.linux.org.au' style address with
a pre-packaged site that people can then override with their own server
if they grow beyond the bounds of what LA can offer.

Have fun,

Paul