RE: [Linux-aus] Why we love Open Source and Free Software

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 17:45 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> On a side note(?) perhaps the main linux.org.au site needs a clarification
> preamble, something along the lines of "Welcome! This site is the web
> presence for the official organisation known as 'Linux Australia',

Well, in essence, that was the point behind the four global navigation
links:

                * about us
                * about linux & open source
                * linux in Australia
                * press

It's hard to look at that list and get any other than "this is the site
of an organization called Linux Australia"

        [So maybe #1 could have been "about Linux Australia" but if you
        run your eye down the line you can see why that wouldn't have
        added much, notwithstanding the fact that the web page [site]
        itself is titled "Linux Australia"]

I'm not going to comment on the execution or vibrancy that the site had
or has, but those four bullets above, as global nav in being, do rather
get the point across.

If it was me, I would have nothing _but_ those four links, in huge or
bigger fonts, on the home page. News creates a sense of currency, but it
is visually noisy. Hard to balance.

AfC
Sydney