[Linux-aus] New Website [Was Grants Scheme and the New Site]

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 13:57 +1100, James Purser wrote:
> Okay up until now we've been looking at cleaning up the old site so that
> people can find more information more easily about the organisation.

The Linux Australia website is the face of LA the organisation.

But Daniel is right, it should also inform people generally about Linux,
Open Source and Software Freedom.

On the current site, information about Linux itself is minimal, and
somewhat buried. But there is a lot of it around elsewhere on the net,
so annotated links to the best sources of information, and directions
should suffice.

I don't think linux.org.au should become a generic "about linux" portal,
but it definitely needs to explain what linux is for newcomers, as an
intro and entry point to invite them into the community, as users, and
potential contributors.

- donna.

--
donna benjamin                      linux.conf.au
conference director                 MEL8OURNE2008