Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:15:38PM +1100, James Purser wrote:

> On a related note, has anyone played with the events module under drupal
> to include ical import support? This would be the easiest way to achieve
> a calender of LUG events.

AFAIK, there is no iCal import functionality in the current stable
release of the event module.

We use the events module on the SLUG website for all our event
publishing (both on the website and iCal). Unfortunately the code is a
dog's breakfast, as we discovered at a recent website codefest.

The iCal export doesn't cleanly integrate with the event module (seems
to be hacked on at the last minute). Specifically, the event names don't
show up correctly in the feed.

We're seriously considering rewriting significant portions of the module,
with a view to including things like sane iCal support (both import and
export), and a database schema cleanup.

Cheers,
Lindsay

--