Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 17:12 +1100, Lindsay Holmwood wrote:
> I'm all for it if the barrier of entry is lowered for the smaller LUGs.
>
> We already source speakers from outside SLUG (both interstate and
> international), but this sort of LA initiative would be really useful
> to smaller LUGs in capital cities and regional locations.
>
> Maybe an Australian LUG survey would be a initiative worth pursued by
> the new LA committee (or even a subcommittee)? There are all manner of
> interesting questions LUGs can be asked, with the responses analysed
> to provide better interaction between LA and the LUGs (like or
> building on AJ's proposal).

We should get a central location on the LA site or something detailing
to potential speakers how they can organise an Australian LUG tour.

Many larger corporations, when sending someone over here for a conf or a
meeting spend a lot of money doing so. Spending an extra few bucks to
get them to a few LUGs and have a good community vibe is pocket change.

hrrm... maybe a calendar of LUG events like linmagau used to have....
--
Stewart Smith (stewart@linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia