Re: [Linux-aus] New name for linux.conf.au in 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Senectus . wrote:

Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:50:53 +0900
From: Senectus . <senectus@gmail.com>
To: Linux Australia <linux-aus@linux.org.au>
Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] New name for linux.conf.au in 2007

On 08/01/07, Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

>  http://perkypants.org/blog/2007/01/06/new-name-for-linuxconfau-in-2007/
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff

As the URL does not show as a clickable link, are we allowed to know
what the secret new name will be?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

Sheesh, what primitive OS are you using that doesn't allow for plain text URL conversion or even copy and paste or URL's ? :-P

--
Ubuntu Dapper 6.10
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono

As should be shown by examining the full header of the message that I posted, I am using PINE v4.64, running on Debian Sarge.

Usually, URLs are displayed as clickable links, on which I can right click, and copy the link to a browser window, and so go to the URL.

It has just occurred to me, that the URL above, does not include the "www", which might (?) be the reason that it does not show as a clickable link in PINE, whereas other URL's generally display as clickable links in PINE.

Anyway, the question still remains unanswered, since it was unable to be included, possibly due to government unintelligence gathering, in the message to which I originally responded - what is to be the new name of the conference? The Richard Alston Uninformative Technology Conference? The Helen Coonan Uninformative Technology Conference? The Conference of Australian Linux Users? The AUUG Annual Conference?

Does anyone know?

Or, is it a mushroom job?

--
Bret Busby