[Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Tue Dec 18 08:50:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 17:29 +0900, Bret Busby wrote:
> So, there was never any need for the CALU to be renamed, and, renaming
> the CALU was detrimental to the success of what became the Linux
> Australia Conference?
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Okay.

Sigh,

Bret, the CALU name did not have the same weight within and without the
community. It had been run once before being renamed to linux.conf.au.
On the other hand we are now seeing the seventh iteration of
linux.conf.au and will be announcing the winner of the eighth at LCA08.

The question is do we want to throw away a hell of a lot of goodwill and
brand recognition for little practical gain?
--
James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com>