[Linux-aus] [AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 18 03:29:16 UTC 2007

<quote who="David Newall">

> If an amalgamation fails and AUUG dissolves, it's assets would have go to
> charity, and I think it would be politically awkward to give the money to
> Linux Australia.

This is pretty consistent with my reading of the Linux Australia community,
so I don't think it'll be cause for controversy. AUUG should put its money
and assets where it makes sense for AUUG, which can be entirely unrelated to
suggestions from many quarters that LA host the website and mailing lists. I
don't think anyone's expecting a different outcome, or to "take control" of
AUUG's assets or whatever.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

             "jwz? no way man, he's my idle" - James Wilkinson