[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's Education/PC plans

David Drury idavid at atdotdotnet.net
Tue Dec 4 02:51:43 UTC 2007

Paul Coldrey writes:

<SNIP>

> And while I am having a rant,...  maybe my brain is incorrectly wired
> but has anyone out there actually tried to administer a M$ server. Sure
> people don't like to read text files,... but come on, Linux
> administration is A LOT easier - people might not know how to do it but
> the fact remains.

I administer both Linux and Windows servers, I've also had the joy of
administering several other flavours of Unix. I don't find any one more
challenging than the other to administer, each has their quirks and I have
to apply a strange registry hack as often as I've had to put an odd setting
onto a config file to fix an issue.

Regards

 --
David Drury