[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's seeks community submissions

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Tue Dec 4 07:20:52 UTC 2007

Hey all,

"TREASURER Wayne Swan wants _community input_ into next year's federal
budget, and is asking for submissions by January 18.

"Community views are critical considerations for the government when
forming its policies," Mr Swan said.

"Mr Swan says he is encouraging families, individuals and business and
community groups to submit their ideas as soon as possible."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22868416-12377,00.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/04/2109482.htm

Fellow LA people, I suggest we in an organised, formal and well thought out
way, following on from the discussions we've had recently, present a
submission on behalf of LA to the Australian Federal Treasurer, possibly
via the LA Press group.

What do the LA Exec and others think of this suggestion?

I'm offering some time and effort to pull this off. I consider it a very
valuable opportunity.

Cheers,
Marco