No subject

Tue Apr 3 06:46:16 UTC 2007

who live and work in Sydney in IT, are supposed to get paid about double
what they would get paid if they were living and working in Perth, WA,
doing the same work and having the same qualifications and experience,
due to a number of factors, such as the higher cost of living in Sydney,
and the greater demand for IT professionals in Sydney. I may be wrong in
my understanding, but it is from advice from people that I have regarded
as reliable.

Likewise, I expect that an IT professional working in Bunbury, WA, would
be unlikely to be being paid as much as a person doing the same work
and having the same qualifications and experience, living and working in
Perth, WA, for similar reasons.

Of course, also from what I understand, the location can be of less
significance, if the employer is a large corporation or federal
government department, where the pay rates would be independent of
location unless working in a "remote" location (where "remote" does not
include Perth, even though other parts of the country may regard Perth
as being remote...).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale