[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Fri Sep 29 12:23:04 UTC 2006

Hi Brenda,

At 2006/9/29 13:51+1000  Brenda Aynsley writes:
> At least that's in the future and I am not aware of other details at
> this time.  The role being mooted for ACS in this, again I dont know, my
> own view and the last time 'mandatory registration' was discussed at the
> governing body of the ACS it was consistent with my earlier email, that
> is, Registration Boards and professional societies are rarely one and
> the same thing and ought to be separate.

Would it be possible for you to get/find more detailed information
about ACS's proposals and send it to linux-aux?

My concern is that by introducing mandatory registration requirements
it will exclude the use of open source software. Open Source projects,
which are often involve developers world wide, are not going to change
the way they work to add requirements that people have professional
accrediation before being allowed to contribute patches.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org