[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Tue Sep 26 16:14:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 09:44 +1000, Peter Miller wrote:
> Does Linux Australia provide member services?
>
> In the maelstrom around the AUUG discussions, it was mentioned that
> Linux Australia owns the opensource.org.au domain.
>
> Is it possible for me to obtain
> - a pmiller at opensource.org.au email address?
> - a miller.opensource.org.au domain delegation for my own use?
>
> These are services for which I would happily pay real money.  Basically,
> this is in large part the value I see in my AUUG membership fees.

Okay lets run with this. If LA was to provide services to members in
return for fees (and there is nothing, not even a suggestion of a hint
of a clue that we are going to do this), what would the members see as
something that LA could do for them?

As I have already stated this is a run up the flagpole exercise, off my
own bat without any input from the ctte or anyone else. I'm on my own
here :)
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Open Source On The Air