[Linux-aus] linux.org.au / linux.conf.au

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Sep 19 08:05:05 UTC 2006

<quote who="Donna Benjamin">

> I would argue that any person or company who really has a problem they
> can't overcome with the name including linux, is perhaps not grokking who
> this conference is for, or what it's really about.

It's kinda sad that people will be able to point to this discussion as an
example of "Linux" people with their collective heads in their collective
arses. :-(

Again (and for the last time, my next post will be an action plan), *you*
are comfortable with this conflation, and expect others to be comfortable
with it too. There are clear examples demonstrating this is not the case,
of communities, individuals and companies... Even while we all agree that
the conference isn't (and really has never been) just "Linux".

All this fearful brand loyalty is a great big reality distortion field.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Ohio LinuxFest 2006: Columbus OH, USA              http://www.ohiolinux.org/

   "When there's public debate and mass hysteria, that's when the patches
                         roll in." - Michael Meeks