[Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Fri Oct 6 16:28:03 UTC 2006

Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 14:41 +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:

[snip]

>> Not only at this national conference every 2 years, but every year, in
>> every state at the conferences of the teacher associations affiliated
>> with ACCE and ISTE.
>>
>> 1. Attending as delegates.
>> 2. Submitting papers and presenting.
>> 3. Having a presence at the associated trade show.
>> 4. Sponsoring speakers and keynotes.
>> 5. Sponsoring an associated "Open Source Forum / Panel"
>> 6. Sponsoring an OpenCD or LiveCD to go into every delegate bag.
>
> Very good call. I agree entirely. How about starting to collate some of
> this info on wiki.linux.org.au? I've just added some sub-committee links
> to the home page so feel free to start updating them as relevant. I've
> pasted the above chunk of Donna's email into the EducationSubCtte page
> as a starting point.

It might interest you to know that ACS has been attending the SA
Computers in Education group conference (CEGSA) for the last few years
to promote the benefits of professionalism in ICT to teachers.  At the
trade show which accompanies the local conference we have had a stand to
promote our ACS Computing Professional program and to showcase open
source at least in use on the computer we have on the stand. :)

I agree that OSIA and Linux Aus could find some traction at the
conferences, or at least give some visibility to FOSS at such events.

cheers
brenda
--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/

The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. Visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm to see how.

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/