[Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Fri Oct 6 13:09:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 14:41 +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:

> Just got back from ACEC2006 in Cairns.

Rockin! Thanks for the update: it sounds like it was a very interesting
event.

> Info: Next ACEC will be in Canberra in 2008, and 2010 will be in
> Melbourne.  I believe Linux Australia should seriously consider putting
> these events on the radar - we should be actively engaging with the
> computers in education community.
>
> Not only at this national conference every 2 years, but every year, in
> every state at the conferences of the teacher associations affiliated
> with ACCE and ISTE.
>
> 1. Attending as delegates.
> 2. Submitting papers and presenting.
> 3. Having a presence at the associated trade show.
> 4. Sponsoring speakers and keynotes.
> 5. Sponsoring an associated "Open Source Forum / Panel"
> 6. Sponsoring an OpenCD or LiveCD to go into every delegate bag.

Very good call. I agree entirely. How about starting to collate some of
this info on wiki.linux.org.au? I've just added some sub-committee links
to the home page so feel free to start updating them as relevant. I've
pasted the above chunk of Donna's email into the EducationSubCtte page
as a starting point.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan