[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun Nov 19 04:02:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

<quote who="James Purser">

> With regards to member_db there is a couple of different ways we could
> attack it. Firstly we could have it hang off the main site as a
> subdomain or a directory as Jeff suggests, or we can integrate it into
> the main site, both have good and bad points.

Here is a simple answer for you. I know Joomla does this, and I'm sure
others can but jus thave a wrapper around the current member_db page. I have
a wrapper around a planet feed for my ASK-OSS project at
http://ask-oss.mq.edu.au/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=72 so it looks
like a normal part of the site, but it is just the site wrapper around an
existing thing.

That way you ca use your existing infrastructure without any mucking around
:)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

        "There is no darkness but ignorance." - William Shakespeare