[Linux-aus] knoppix + redwall = ???

Novensiles divi Flamen noven at sincorp.org
Thu Nov 2 22:54:06 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 19:48, Michael Eilon wrote:

> Such "diskless" Linux workstations would be ideal: I can keep PC numbers
> up, but with minimal maintenance (any problems -> hit reset and walk away).

Another idea could be to set up a central server, run terminal services on it
and then PXE boot the clients. This would give you more functionality and a
more responsive system, at the cost of needing a very decent (read new)
server to run it off. Edubuntu is set up to do this very easily, could be
worth a look.

- Noven