[Linux-aus] knoppix + redwall = ???

Novensiles divi Flamen noven at sincorp.org
Thu Nov 2 22:37:05 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 19:48, Michael Eilon wrote:

> I'm looking for advice regarding a suitable Linux distro:
>
> it needs to be one of the Linux "live" distros (Knoppix, etc) which run off
> a CD and don't need a HD.
>
> But I need a variant in which I can customise the user interface... I don't
> want to have to set the web browser proxies and the default printer every
> time I boot into it.

You probably want to customise your own distro - Knoppix makes this easy,
check out
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Customizing_FAQ .

Or if you want to use the standard and only save config options (and have some
storage space to use for files created etc) check out
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Live_CD_Tips - you can easily replace the 'hard
disk' with the path to a USB stick.

- Noven