[Linux-aus] An abridged history of #linuxaus and Linux Australia IRC

Robert Stoffers rstoffers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:00:02 UTC 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 18:13, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 17:30 +1000, Nathan Bailey wrote:
> > That is an ad hominem argument if I've ever seen one.  What possible
> > relevance does his personal life have to the service he provides?
> >
> > N (not an IRC user, so I have no preference about the technology or
> > forum, just the service)
>
> Good point. The relevance of that link was only clear to the IRC using
> community. The assumed background is that operator in this case spends
> an extra-ordinary amount of time pestering the users of the network in
> an obtrusive manner, purportedly raising funds for the network to
> operate.
>
> Think of it as IRC SPAM if you will.

I have not seen such a thing in a long time and even then it was limited. Rob
has cleaned up his act a lot since this happen also, there has not been a
single global message to that effect since last year at least.

Robert Stoffers
--
Member, Ubuntu Linux - http://www.ubuntu.com
Staff, Freenode IRC Network - http://www.freenode.net