[Linux-aus] An abridged history of #linuxaus and Linux Australia IRC

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Thu Jun 29 16:14:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 17:30 +1000, Nathan Bailey wrote:

> That is an ad hominem argument if I've ever seen one.  What possible
> relevance does his personal life have to the service he provides?

> N (not an IRC user, so I have no preference about the technology or
> forum, just the service)

Good point. The relevance of that link was only clear to the IRC using
community. The assumed background is that operator in this case spends
an extra-ordinary amount of time pestering the users of the network in
an obtrusive manner, purportedly raising funds for the network to
operate.

Think of it as IRC SPAM if you will.

It is of great annoyance to the users of the network and there are large
questions marks about the ethics and usage of said funds.

Although that letter does go for his juggler fairly excessively, the
questions raised are not new.

Hope that helps.

      Craige.