[Linux-aus] Sydney Education Expo - Acquiring Edubuntu CDs

PHILLIPS Mark Mark_PHILLIPS at rta.nsw.gov.au
Mon Jun 5 14:39:01 UTC 2006

---
	No 1:
	-----Original Message-----
	<snipped>

	Given the 4-6 week lead time they have I don't think we're going
to make
	it.

	Interestingly enough, edubuntu doesn't offer ppc Mac versions
through
	ship-it either. A quick check on #edubuntu puts this down to
only being
	allowed to ship one cd image due to this being their first time.
	--
	James Purser
	Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update

	<quote who="Craige McWhirter">

	> I've provided Pia with quotes for a two week turn around. The
estimated
	> cost was:

	> 2 week turn around:
	> ===================
	> 2 CD images (OpenCD and Edubuntu)
	> 2-3 three colour
	> 1,000 CD's of each image
	> 2,000 sleeves
	> Approx pricing: $2,765.40
	>
	> Pia and I have debating the worth of this investment.
Thoughts?

	I felt that seeing LA had already paid for the booth ($2200)
that we should
	if possible get everything else sponsored, and was trying to
figure out a
	way around spending another 2 or 3 grand.

	I've had someone offer to do 500 CDs for us plus what we can
burn in the 2
	days (on a 4 burner robot thing). It'd be great to get more, is
anyone out
	there interested in partly or fully sponsoring some more CDs?
You can have
	some pamphlets and such on the LA booth.

	Cheers,
	Pia
-----

Come On!!!!

We have the opportunity to become semi self-sufficient if the rumour
about have a free writer available for Linux AUS
if we write the driver for it is true.

So is it and if so is anybody going to give me the info?

Mark Phillips
Mark DOT Phillips AT automatedtestsystems DOT com DOT au

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.