[Linux-aus] I'm considering making some changes to the LA Update Podcasts

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Mon Jul 10 15:28:04 UTC 2006

Afternoon all,

As the subject suggests I am considering making some changes to the way
the podcasts are put together and I am seeking everyone's opinion on the
proposed changes.

The first change is to make the podcast a weekly live show with the
podcasts released the day after the show is put to air. The plan is to
have the last show in the month follow the same lines as the question
and answer session with Rusty. That is we have a guest host, either at
my place or via VOIP/Skype and people can ask questions in irc and so
on.

The second change is to recombine the LA Update and the LUG Roundup.
This means that Karin and I will co-host the program.

Thirdly we want to introduce a new segment into the show. In getting
away from the all the seriousness of the interviews and LUG stuff, we
want to start a tech toy review segment nominally named "Ooooh Shiny".
This would involve getting our hands on a cool piece of tech(that works
with FOSS of course) and reviewing it.

Lastly and this is probably going to be the most controversial I guess.
We want to get some outside sponsorship for the program. Putting
together the program in its new format will take some work and require
and upgrade to our current internet connection amongst other things, and
this will cost money that we don't have at the moment. I do not feel
comfortable asking LA for money, as apart from anything else, I am on
the committee and I do not wish to give the appearance that I am seeking
to profit from my position. So instead we are seeking private
sponsorships.

If you have any comments or constructive suggestions we're all ears.
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update
SIP: 736855 at fwd.pulver.com