Fwd: [Linux-aus] anyone for an open-source-beyond-the-black-stump miniconf?

Donna Benjamin donna at mel8ourne.org
Thu Jul 6 07:04:02 UTC 2006

It sounds like a great idea to me.

Whether it ends up as a mini-conf, or a bof you should continue to
formulate the idea and gather and generate interest in it - because
doing this kind of work in remote communities is really important.

You might also want to touch base with Ed Holcroft at NetDay in South
Africa. He attended this year's LCA and spoke at the education
mini-conf, basically he's putting whole computer labs into the tribal
homelands, in areas struggling to get clean water and electricity.
http://www.netday.org.za/

--
MEL8OURNE2008
linux.conf.au     http://www.mel8ourne.org