From: Chris Disspain <ceo@auda.org.au>
To: "'.au DNS Discussion List'" <dns@dotau.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:13:16 +1000
Subject: Re: [DNS] the future of .info.au and .conf.au 2lds?

Hi Lea,

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the press;-)

There is no doubt about the future of conf.au and info.au names. In fact, auDA is in the process of finalising a request for
submissions about what they could be used for. So soon, we will ask the internet community for ideas.

It's also not correct that there have been complaints that the names are not used much. At least not to us.

Our intention is to get community input on what policy we should set for each of these 2lds and then re-open them for registrations
under that new policy. In accordance with our previous practise, it is highly likely that existing names would be grand-fathered.

So, if you have any ideas about what sort of policy we should have for .info.au names, we'll be delighted to hear from you when we
open for submissions.

Cheers,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA