[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Help with a political approach to Open Source please :)

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri Oct 7 20:28:02 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:

> Seriously, I'd love to add more of this kind of content to the LA site.
> Please send me your links everyone! We have a section for case studies,
> talks, papers, screenshots and more, so the more we can populate them, the
> more useful and referenceable a site it'll become.

I'm just catching up on this thread after a frantic few days: I've
been watching the message count go up and desperately wanting to read
through it, but not had a chance.

Pia, your plan sounds excellent and I'd be very happy to assist with
approaches to relevent people in Victoria.

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to put together some good
reference material and case studies and make them available on the LA
and/or OSIA sites. That's actually what I had in mind when I started
putting together the info at http://jon.oxer.com.au/linuxrollouts a
couple of years ago. I wanted a single place I could point people to
when they asked the question "is anybody actually doing this for real
on a big scale?"

Unfortunately that page is waaaay out of date now and it's high time
we created an official replacement.

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan Oxer