[Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] Help with a political approach to Open Source please :)

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Oct 7 09:27:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 08:15:45AM +1000, Con Zymaris wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:54:26PM +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to get a hold of the material you guys are using? It may help
> > :)
>
> You bet:
>
>  http://www.cybersource.com.au/users/conz/introduction_to_open_source_software.pdf

Forgot to mention.

This document is sent out only after we engage the recipient with several
phone calls and several introductory emails over a 4-6 week period. After
the PDF is sent, we make further phone calls and emails to guage questions
and provide answers to concerns. Sending out a PDF and hoping for the best
will not likely work.

We've got the process just about right for this audience. If people want
to volunteer help so we can reach other audiences, (non--profits, local
councils, business councils, professional associations, sporting clubs
etc), please speak to me so we can co-ordinate and optimise efforts. This
is a year-long project for one or two people, but could be a 3 month one
for 6 people.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477