Re: [Linux-aus] OSIA representation to LinuxWorld

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 15:35 +1000, Del wrote:
> I spoke to Minnie Constan today and presented some information on OSIA to
> her.  I have arranged a meeting at her office next Thursday at 9am.  This
> is to discuss what options there are for OSIA and its members to participate
> at LinuxWorld.

Very good move, Del! In the grand scheme of things LWE probably aligns
better with OSIA membership than it does with LA membership, so I'm sure
you'll have a lot of good input for Minnie.

> Minnie is slowly getting her head around the Linux / Open Source landscape
> in Australia -- several different organisations representing different
> interests such as LA, OSIA, AUUG, and others such as the ACS SIG etc.

Yes, when I met with her on Monday she certainly seemed keen to get an
understanding of how it all fits together so it's a good idea to have
the various organisations present their points of view. I see a LWE-type
event as a great way to make the goodness of Linux known to a wide range
of businesses, so it's in all our interests to help Minnie put on the
best event she possibly can.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan Oxer