[Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Mar 1 16:16:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Michael Still wrote:

> Leon Brooks wrote:

>> As was I. And businesses looking for a little low-risk training to reduce
>> their fear of taking a leap of faith.
>
> Yes. And people wanting to do the low risk training off their own bat.

Now, there's a possibility for a topic for a
seminar/presentation/whatever - Training.

One of the possible sponsors mentioned, Novell, provides training. LPI
provides certifications. Red Hat provides certifications at different
levels. PLUG has previously considered (I can't remember whether
anything came of it) holding its own training/certification course(s),
that were (I think) similar to the LPI or RH certifications. Some of the
individual applications, provide, or have available, training and
certifications (eg, MySQL has its own certifications, training and
certifications, exists for Perl, and PostgreSQL). Perhaps, if a user
conference is to be held, a session or sessions, could be held, to
advise regarding training and certifications that are available
(notsomuch saying that any company's particular training and
certifications, are better than any others, but informaing as to what is
available).

I think that knowledge of the availability of such things as training
and certification, and who provides the facilities, etc, could be
useful for Linux Users to have included at a Linux Users Conference.

Also, depending on whow susch a conference or conference network, is to
be operated, such a seminar/presentation could have appropriate local
flavour (availabe in the easterns states, are ...; available overseas
are ...; available across the Internet are..., and, available in Perth,
are...).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale