Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

> Sorry about the sensationalist subject, but I needed to do *something*
> to dress up a boring topic!
>
> Just to make sure the relevant people (ie: you) see it, this is a story
> I've just posted to my blog. Followup discussion welcome.

I think we've lost the main point Jon was trying to make here in the
bickering over where to hold the conference next year. We all know that LA
holds good conferences, and what Jon was asking was should LA focus on
that, or should LA keep branching out into other things? If LA is to
continue branching out, then how far should it go? Are hired staff a good
or a bad idea? What things _could_ LA be furthering if they did want to?
Is there no demand for a group to help backroll / formalize / organize
things? Or is there?

Cheers,
Mikal
(A former LA committee member who voted in favour of NZ, but didn't go to
ghosts and still thinks ghosts is a good idea)