[Linux-aus] news.com article "Bill Gates and Other Communists"

"Bill Gates and other communists" by Richard Stallman
http://news.com.com/Bill+Gates+and+other+communists/2010-1071_3-5576230.html

[snip]
Here's what Bill Gates told Microsoft employees in 1991:

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of
today's ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry
would be at a complete standstill today...A future start-up with no
patents of its own will be forced to pay whatever price the giants
choose to impose."

Mr. Gates' secret is out now--he too was a "communist;" he, too,
recognized that software patents were harmful--until Microsoft became
one of these giants. Now Microsoft aims to use software patents to
impose whatever price it chooses on you and me. And if we object, Mr.
Gates will call us "communists."
[snap]

--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL Users Conference (Santa Clara CA, 18-21 April 2005)
Early registration until February 28: http://www.mysqluc.com/
12 days left for early registration, 60 days until the event!