[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Feb 22 08:12:10 UTC 2005

Bret Busby wrote:

> 2. Reagarding the item regarding possible future Linux User Conferences,
> and, with the reference in that item, to the annual Linux Conference, it
> is my understanding that the current annual Linux Conference, superseded
> what was previously an annual Linux Users Conference, previously known
> as the CALU - the Conference of Australian Linux Users. Could this
> please be clarified? It appears to me, that what is being suggested,
> previously existed, and was replaced, as it appears that those
> responsible, adopted the Monty Python slogan - "And now for something
> completely different" - ending the annual Linux Users Conference in
> Australia, and replacing it with the Linux Conference (I do not call it
> Linux Conference Australia, as it is apparently going offshore in future).

Your implication is that change is always bad. Does that mean we should
stay in Windows-centric world?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au