[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 21 14:25:03 UTC 2005

1. As the suummary was apparently attachment to the message, making the
text unable to be quoted in a response, could the advisories of the
goings-on of the committee, be inline, rather than as attachments, in
future, please?

2. Reagarding the item regarding possible future Linux User Conferences,
and, with the reference in that item, to the annual Linux Conference, it
is my understanding that the current annual Linux Conference, superseded
what was previously an annual Linux Users Conference, previously known
as the CALU - the Conference of Australian Linux Users. Could this
please be clarified? It appears to me, that what is being suggested,
previously existed, and was replaced, as it appears that those
responsible, adopted the Monty Python slogan - "And now for something
completely different" - ending the annual Linux Users Conference in
Australia, and replacing it with the Linux Conference (I do not call it
Linux Conference Australia, as it is apparently going offshore in
future).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale