[Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13
stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Feb 21 19:10:02 UTC 2005
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 01:50 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> 2. previously known as the CALU - the Conference of Australian Linux Users. ending the annual Linux Users Conference in
> Australia, and replacing it with the Linux Conference (I do not call it
> Linux Conference Australia, as it is apparently going offshore in
1) in 1999, the main users of linux were technical users. Hence the
'users' part was correct.
2) Now the 'users' category is quite different to 'developers'.
3) User conf, developer tech conf and tradeshow can be different things.
This was a point of discussion (and has been before).
4) It is linux.conf.au (or Linux.conf.au, or Linux.Conf.Au - depending
who is arguing it). The NZ thing just makes it interesting.
5) LCA will be where the best bid comes from. Anybody who did not put in
a serious bid cannot complain.
6) It is better to have a great conf than to have crappy one but in some
place that's defined by idealism.
7) LCA in NZ is going to ROCK!
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 307 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20050221/e394d011/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the linux-aus